The following sets out the conditions of use for the Parent Brief website. You may print these terms and conditions by pressing the print icon on your browser. By using this site you acknowledge that you have read, understood and agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. We may update these terms and conditions at any time and you will be bound by any new terms and conditions when you visit the site. If you do not agree to these site terms (including any amendments) you must not use this site.
Terms & Conditions
Terms and Conditions for the Sale of Goods on this Website by The Parent Brief.
Please read these conditions very carefully before ordering any goods and/or services from our website.
- Part One explains the terms and conditions you agree to when you buy goods from our website.
- Part Two explains the general conditions which apply in addition to Parts One, Two and Three.
By ordering goods or services through pages displaying a link to these terms and conditions, you agree to be legally bound by them.
1. We, The Parent Brief (a subsidiary of Gresham Books Ltd), provide various goods for you to purchase from this website. To order goods from our websites you need to follow the ordering procedures set out on the order pages.
2. The contract between us will be on these conditions only. Your order is an offer to buy goods from us under these conditions. Our confirmation of your order or our acceptance of your payment over the internet or otherwise is our acceptance of your offer.
3. It is your responsibility to ensure that all the details you enter on the order form are complete and correct. We will not be liable for any loss or damage that arises from you entering incorrect or incomplete information.
2. The goods
1. Any pictures or descriptions of the goods on our websites are for your information only and the actual product may differ from those descriptions. No pictures, descriptions, specifications or other advertising will form part of this agreement.
2. If the goods you have ordered are not available we will notify you by e-mail and will refund any money you have paid under this agreement.
1. We will deliver the goods to the address you provide on the order form by first class post or by airmail overseas. We aim to dispatch your goods within 48 hours of confirming your order, as long as the goods are in stock, but any delivery date is an estimate only. Goods may need to be signed for on delivery.
2. If the goods you ordered are out of stock or not yet published, we will advise you at the point when you place your order, and provide an estimated date as to when the goods will become available. This date is subject to change and alteration without notice.
3. The cost of delivery is charged in addition to the purchase price of the goods, to cover our postal and packing costs. We will clearly inform you of the delivery cost before you confirm your order.
4. If the goods are damaged during delivery you must notify us within 5 days of receipt of the goods by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org or telephoning 01983 761389 between the hours of 0900 and 1700 GMT Monday to Friday, and we will arrange to collect and replace the goods at no additional charge.
5. Unless these conditions state otherwise, we are not liable for any loss, damage, expenses or costs caused by any delay in the delivery of the goods. You may only cancel this agreement if we failed to deliver the goods within 15 days of confirmation of the order.
6. If we are unable to deliver the goods because you have provided the incorrect address, or no one was able to accept delivery, or you refuse delivery, the risk in the goods will pass to you and you will be responsible for any costs for storing or any re-delivery of the goods.
7. If you have not received the goods within 7 days of confirmation of the order please contact email@example.com or telephone 01983 761389. Our liability for failure to deliver the goods is to provide replacement goods within a reasonable time or issue a refund for the value of the goods.
1. All prices quoted in pounds sterling and include VAT. We may make a delivery charge the details of which will be displayed on the website.
2. The price for the goods is the price shown on our website when you pay for the goods or, if you pay in another way, the price that we confirm to you when we accept your order.
3. If you require a VAT invoice, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Our general policy is to refund dissatisfied customers, and to replace missing or damaged goods, without question. We are not, however, obliged by these Terms and Conditions of Sale or otherwise to follow this policy.
2. We will not be liable for the defects of the goods unless you tell us of the defects within 3 days of the time you discover, or ought to have discovered the defects and (if we so request) you return the goods to us at our expense so that we are given reasonable opportunity to examine the goods.
3. We will not be liable for any defect if the defect arises through your misuse or inappropriate storage of the goods.
4. Subject to conditions 5.2 and 5.3, if any of the goods are defective, we will replace the goods or refund the price you have paid for the goods provided that, at our request, you return the goods to us.
5. Nothing in these terms affects your statutory rights.
6. Our liability to you
1. Subject to condition 5, the following sets out our entire financial liability to you in relation to any breach of these conditions or any representation, warranty, statement or act or omission in connection with this agreement.
2. Nothing in these conditions excludes our liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or fraudulent misrepresentation. Subject to this our total liability arising under the agreement is limited to the price you have paid for the goods under this agreement including any delivery charge you paid. We will not be liable to you for any further claims for compensation arising out of or in connection with the agreement.
3. As far as the law allows, all warranties, conditions and other terms implied by law (except those implied by Section 12 Sale of Goods Act 1979) are excluded from this agreement.
7. Right to cancel
1. If you wish to cancel this agreement for any reason, you must notify us by email to email@example.com or in writing to The Parent Brief, The Carriage House, Ningwood Manor, Ningwood, IOW, PO30 4NJ within 7 days of us accepting your payment. If you cancel this agreement, you will be entitled to a refund which we will pay as soon as possible and in any event within 30 working days of your notice to cancel.
2. You must, if we so request, arrange to return the goods at your own expense and that expense will not be refunded.
8. Delay in performance
1. If we are prevented from carrying on our business due to circumstances beyond our reasonable control, we may defer delivery or cancel the contract. We will inform you of the delay by email to the address you provide us. If the circumstances causing the delay continue for a period of 15 days, you may give us notice to cancel this agreement.
1. The terms and conditions you agree to when you buy from this website also incorporate the general terms set out in part two below.
1. Our posting notices on the website or sending email communications to you satisfy any requirement for notices to be made in writing. Any notice that you need to give us in writing can be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org (and will be deemed to be received on the day it was sent) or by post to The Parent Brief Ltd, The Carriage House, Ningwood Manor, Ningwood, IOW, PO30 4NJ (which will be deemed to be receive on the second working day after the date of posting if sent from the United Kingdom and on the fifth working day if from outside the United Kingdom).
2. If you have any complaints or comments please contact us at email@example.com or on 01983 761389.
3. Any service or goods offered to you from this website are subject to your compliance with our Standard Terms and Conditions for Website Access, which you agree to when entering and using this website.
4. Each of our rights and remedies under this agreement is without prejudice to any other rights whether under this agreement or otherwise. If any provision of this agreement is found to be unenforceable, in whole or in part, then it will be deemed to be severed and the remainder of the agreement will continue in full force and effect.
5. Any failure or delay in enforcing any part of the agreement is not sufficient to waive any of our rights. If we ignore any breach of the agreement by you, this does not mean that we will allow any further breach.
6. English and Welsh law governs the contract and the parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh Courts. Nothing in these terms and conditions will create any rights for third parties under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999.