An ideal resource for Key Stage 3 pupils, encouraging pupils of all cultural traditions to understand that the freedom to choose and hold faiths and beliefs is protected in law, and that it is a fundamental British value to identify and combat discrimination.
Each chapter is followed by activities to encourage students to discuss and research concepts raised.
- Introduction: how to read this book using critical thinking
- Imagine all the people
- What’s in a culture?
- From ancient grudge to multicultural Britain
- Today’s multicultural Britain
- How does discrimination begin?
- Four steps to help challenge discrimination
- Religion and tradition
- Traditions and patron saints
- Other special days and celebrations
- Sharing values
- Do you remember?
Britain is made up of England, Wales and Scotland, and the people who live in these countries are called British. The people of Northern Ireland may also call themselves British and together we make up the United Kingdom. This book is to help you learn about and come to understand some of the British Values we all share.
Part of the British Values series for Key Stage 3 students: Promoting fundamental British values as part of spiritual, moral, social and cultural development. Aimed at Key Stage 3 this new range of books provides key Fundamental British Values content in a highly accessible and enjoyable format.