We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors; this policy sets out how we will treat your personal information.
What information do we collect?
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal data:
- information relating to any transactions carried out between you and us on or in relation to this website, including information relating to any purchases you make of our goods or services (including name, e-mail address, postal address and phone number);
- information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website, such as your IP address, geographical location, browser type, referral source, length of visit and number of page views;
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our e-mail notifications or requesting sample copy material.
How do we use your personal data?
We use this information for administration, marketing, customer services purposes and for profiling your purchasing preferences.
We may transfer your personal information to a country outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”) and such information may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers.
We may use your personal information to:
- improve your browsing experience by personalising the website;
- send to you goods purchased via the website;
- send invoices to you, and collect payments from you;
- send you email notifications which you have specifically requested;
- send to you our newsletter and other marketing communications (relating to our business which we think may be of interest to you by post or, where you have specifically agreed to this, by email (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications to be sent to you by emailing us at email@example.com).
- send you offers, free samples or gifts by post or, where you have specifically agreed to this, by email.
With whom do we share this information?
We will NOT sell or rent to third parties the information collected from you on this site except in the event that this part of The Parent Brief’s business is transferred to a new owner, in which case your details will be transferred to that owner as part of that business transfer.
We may disclose information about you:
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
- in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk).
How secure is your personal data?
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure servers. All electronic transactions you make to or receive from us will be encrypted using SSL technology. You are responsible for keeping your password and user details confidential. We will not ask you for your password.
How can you check and amend the information we hold about you?
You can ask us to provide you with a copy of any personal information we hold about you.
If you no longer want us to hold your information, please contact us at any time at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will correct, update or remove your personal data accordingly.
We will endeavour to process your request as soon as possible and in any event, within no more than 14 days. Until this time, it is possible that you may receive further communications from us.
Third party websites
The website may contain links to other websites. We are not responsible for the content, privacy policies or practices of third party websites.
What are cookies?
Cookie preferences can be changed at any time. You do not have to accept them and you can disable them at any time. You can find out more about cookies at www.allaboutcookies.org and www.youronlinechoices.eu.
How do I disable cookies?
If you want to disable cookies you need to change your website browser settings to reject cookies. The Help menu on the menu bar of most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie and how to disable cookies altogether.
What happens if I disable cookies?
Do we track whether users open our emails?
Our emails may contain a single, campaign-unique “web beacon pixel” to tell us whether our emails are opened and verify any clicks through to links within the email. We may use this information for purposes including determining which of our emails are more interesting to users, to query whether users who do not open our emails wish to continue receiving. The pixel will be deleted when you delete the email. If you do not wish the pixel to be downloaded to your device, you should select to receive emails from us in plain text rather than HTML.
The Parent Brief
The Carriage House
Isle of Wight
Alternatively you can contact us by telephone on +44 (0)1983 761389